What is Supported Employment?
The Wolves at Work Supported Employment team provide a person-centred service for people with disabilities and/or learning difficulties who are ready to go into work but who may require that extra bit of support in their journey to paid employment.
What support is on offer?
The Supported Employment team offer a range of tailored support which is centred to the individual needs, interests and wishes of its service users. The Work Coaches are on hand to offer advice and guidance to individuals with disabilities who have the desire and passion to find employment. Work opportunities can start from as little as 2 hours a week right through to full time hours.
How will Supported Employment be beneficial?
- Vocational Profiling – A plan to aid the team to work with an individual and identify their skills and ‘can do’ attributes
- Job Searching and Job Matching
- Approaching employers on behalf of the job seeker
- Job Coaching – This acts as an in-work support tool to support the employer and employee
What is the referral criteria?
To accept an individual onto the Wolves at Work Supported Employment programme, the individual must fall into one of the below categories;
- Be aged 16 years or over
- Be a resident of Wolverhampton or receive a service from the City of Wolverhampton Council
- Have a care and/or support need assessed by Adult Social Care with Learning Disabilities Physical Disabilities and/or Autism
- Currently hold an EHC Plan or have previously had an EHC Plan
- Have a mild Learning disability, physical or sensory impairment, and need support to obtain sustainable employment
How to contact the team:
Call - 01902 554411
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org