Wolves at Work Individual Placement and Support Service (IPS) is a free, evidence-based service supporting clients in structured drug and alcohol treatment to gain sustained employment.
IPS is based on eight principles:
- To get people into paid, competitive employment
- Is open to all those who want to work – work is part of the recovery journey, not the destination
- Tries to find jobs consistent with people's preferences
- Works quickly – contact is made with an employer within weeks
- Employment becomes a core part of treatment and recovery
- Employer engagement – Employment Specialists develop relationships with employers based upon their clients’ work preferences
- Provides individualised support for the person and their employer - helping people to keep their jobs at difficult times
- Benefits counselling is included
What we offer:
- One-to-one support, advice, and guidance focused on your new career path
- A completely personalised plan to make the very most of your new opportunity
- Employment specialists will engage with local employers to match you to vacancies based around your goals and skills
- Benefits advice and interview preparation
- Regular meetings and continued in-work support as you enter the workforce
To be eligible for the Wolves at Work IPS programme, you will be:
- Aged 16 years or over
- A resident of Wolverhampton
- Currently in structured treatment for drug or alcohol use
The IPS model ensures employers have free, ongoing, tailored support to ensure sustained employment. We aim to work closely with employers to understand the role you are recruiting for, matching the right job seeker to the role, and providing support to your business.
How to get involved:
Call: 01902 551500
If you already use recovery-based support services, you can also be referred by your Support Worker.