What we do:
Adult Education Wolverhampton is a local authority provider of education and training for adults aged 19+. Our aim is to inspire the people of Wolverhampton with our high quality courses. We want you to get the lifelong learning habit and reap the benefits that learning new skills brings.
Why choose us?
- A great, all-round quality experience – Our students develop their personal, social, and employability skills as well as enjoying the learning process to reach their full potential.
- Fantastic pass rates – We are one of the top performing adult education services in the country. Our overall pass rate for adults is superb at 90% which is well above that of similar organisations.
- High student satisfaction rates – We receive lots of great feedback. 97% of students would recommend us to others. Here you can see our satisfaction ratings to compare with other colleges or providers.
- Better job prospects - A great number of students improve their job prospects once they have studied with Adult Education Wolverhampton. Our survey showed that 93% reposted a positive employment. 33% got a full-time or part-time job, become self-employed or got a promotion after finishing their studies.
- The ‘Extra’ from your learning – As well as gaining skills and qualifications, learning can bring a whole range of other benefits such as an increase in confidence, improved mental and physical health and some people will even become more involved in their children’s education.
We are extremely proud of the quality of service that we offer and in particular the outcomes of our students and staff.
What courses we offer:
- Access to Higher Education and Pre-Access
- Arts, Crafts and Creative Media
- British Sign Language (BSL)
- Business Administration
- Cake Decoration and Sugar Craft
- Certificate in English Language (CELTA)
- Customer Service
- Digital Skills
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Family Learning
- First Aid
- Flower Craft and Floristry
- Food Safety
- Health and Social Care
- Life Skill (Learning Disabilities) incl. a supported employment programme
- Like Minds (Activities for Mental Health)
- Manual Handling
- Teaching Assistant
With so many demands on our finances, you’ll be pleased to know that you may qualify for free courses, reduced fees, learning loans and other financial support to help with course and exam fees and other costs. We continue to keep our fees as low as possible. Contact our Student Gateway 01902 558180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, please see the Adult Education Wolverhampton website for more details.
Adult Education Wolverhampton
Old Hall Street
Telephone: 01902 558180
What do people say about us?
With the support and encouragement from my teacher I have passed and completed my Level 2 qualification and have started the Level 3. My teacher has taught me to believe in myself which makes me very grateful. I have made new friends and learnt that if I put my mind to it I can conquer my fears.
Adult Education offers a fantastic service, be that face-to-face or online. I have no hesitation in giving them a five star rating. AEW has given me the skills to progress and I am very grateful.
I can’t begin to tell you the change that learning has made to my life. I discovered my strengths and my weaknesses and set about making the changes that I needed to improve my chances of finding a new career.
I have had the best support imaginable from AEW. They supported me with a number of different things including financial support, course information and careers advice. I couldn't fault them. I had no confidence when I started but I am different now.
I wanted to set a firm foundation for my learning of BSL so going from Level 1 to Level 3 seemed a natural progression for me and I can say with confidence that Wolverhampton Adult Education has fully supported and nurtured me to successfully achieve a life goal.
Nothing is ever too much for my teacher, she is patient and always happy to explain again until I understand and grasp each topic. I am excited about learning and want to progress as far as I can with the subject. My aim is to complete a business course and eventually become self-employed working with computers.