Wolverhampton news and events
Keep up to date with all of the local careers, jobs, training and support events happening in Wolverhampton.
FREE 2 day Introduction to Mentoring
Topps is currently running a series of taster workshops in Mentoring to help build confidence of unemployed women and to help them develop the skills needed to work in the support sector.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is suitable for unemployed women who:
- Want to learn what mentoring is and the skills required to be a mentor
- Want to learn how to support others through mentoring
- Want to enhance their CV
- Is happy to share their life experiences and knowledge
- Feels comfortable mixing with a socially and culturally diverse group
- Want to identify their own strengths and areas for development
- Want to practice what they learn in a supportive and friendly environment
- Want to practice their communication and presentation skills
- Is happy to give and receive feedback
Free for unemployed women aged 18 or over, living in Black Country with proof of ID, proof of unemployment and not currently attending any other ESF funded programme. (Please contact Elen on 01902 652307 for further clarity of eligibility)
16th & 17th May 2018
10 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. each day
Individual initial guidance interview (to be arranged to suit you)
2 x one day workshops
Additional support as required
For a booking form or further information contact: email@example.com, telephone 01902 652307.
ESOL - Speaking & Listening Course
Date: Every Wednesday
Venue: City of Wolverhampton College, Metro One campus, Bilston Street, Wolverhampton
Time: 9.30am-12pm or 1pm-4pm
Call college on: 01902 83600.